Texto para os testes de 1 a 5
A man goes to his doctor ans says: “I don’t think my wife is hearing is good as it used to be. What should i do?
The doctor replies: “Try this test to find out for sure. When your wife is in the kitchen doing dishes, stand fifteen feet behind her and ask her a question, if she doesn’t respond keep moving closer asking the question until she hears you.”
The man goes home and sees his wife preparing dinner. He stands fifteen feet behind her and says : ” What’s for dinner, honey?” He gets no response, so he moves to ten feet behind her, and ask again. Still no aswer. Finally he stands directly behind her and says, “Honey, what’s for dinner?” She replies: “For the fourth time, i SAID CHICKEN”
1) According to the text, the man:
a) is a friend of the doctor and his wife
b) remembers the good old days with the doctor’s wife.
c) wants the doctor to convince his wife to take a hearing test.
d) complains because his wife is in poor health.
e) is worried because his wife’s hearing.
2) After going to the doctor, the man:
a) followed exactly what the doctor recommended.
b) forgot an important part of the doctor’s tst.
c) didn’t realize that his wife was hungry.
d) came to the conclusion that his wife was sick
e) decided to take his wife to a restaurant.
3) The result of the test shows that:
a) the wife doesn’t like to be disturbed while cooking.
b) the wife’s hearing is not good at all
c) the wife prepared chicken four times that week.
d) the man has a hearing impairment instead of his wife
e) the wife doesn’t like to cook chicken for the man.
4) O trecho do texto- ” I don’t think my wife1s hearing is good as it used to be” – tem o sentido de que:
a) no passado, a esposa prestava mais atenção ao que o marido dizia.
b) a audição da esposa piorou com o passar do tempo, na opinião do marido.
c) a esposa costumava pensar melhor antes de dar ouvidos ao marido.
d) o marido acha que sua esposa sempre teve um problema de audição.
e) o marido atribuiu o silêncio da esposa ao passar dos anos.
5) The wife’s answer – “For the fourth time, I SAID CHICKEN”! – indicates that she:
a) is very shy.
b) is really hungry.
c) is shouting and irritated.
d) is deaf.
e) has already called him four times to have dinner.
1) e) is worried because his wife’s hearing. - O marido está preocupado com a audição da esposa, pois ele foi até o médico achando que a esposa não está ouvindo corretamente.
2) a) followed exactly what the doctor recommended. – Depois de ir até o médico, o homem seguir corretamente o que o médico recomendou.
3) d) the man has a hearing impairment instead of his wife – O resultado do teste foi que ao invés da esposa, quem tinha a deficiência auditiva era o marido.
4) b) a audição da esposa piorou com o passar do tempo, na opinião do marido. – De acordo com o marido, quando ele foi reclamar com o médico sobre a audição da esposa, ele se queixou que a audição da mulher piorou com o passar do tempo.
5) c) is shouting and irritated. – A mulher estava gritando e irritada pois tinha respondido quatro vezes a pergunta do marido e ele não tinha escutado.